Life update - holidays, health, dreams and plans

03/09/2015


As many of you might already know by reading my last posts, this year hasn't been making it easy for me, specially the last 3 or 4 months. Me and Habibi splitting (which is taking forever, let me tell you, we are still sharing the same place!), my job killing me day after day (too much work, no time and no money = not worth it) and basically me losing focus of what I wanted my life to be.

After getting to a breaking point I decided to just throw everything behind my back and do whatever felt closer to my heart's will. So I quit my job, went to see my family for 2 weeks and tried to get my batteries charged.

Also my health last week complicated things a bit. I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy, which is basically a partial and 'temporary' paralysis of the face. Not easy, but already recovering!


Quitting my job

After 6 months working in the cake decorating section of a party decorations' shop, I decided to quit. I wasn't paid properly, I was working 6 days out of 7 and honestly I was having way too much headache and so little profit. The reason why I stayed in the place was my good relationship with my colleagues - and also because it was easier to just stay while my life, and myself, was falling apart somehow.
The final point was when, after 6 months, I was told I couldn't leave on holidays. Even knowing my desire (and emotional need, let's say) of spending some time with my family back home, they didn't let me. Skipping the stupid reasons I was given and a few arguments with managers and bosses, I was told I could leave for 1 or 2 weeks in November if I wanted, or next year! Believe me!! 

I eventually handed them my resignation letter and jumped off by the end of July. Good choice! 


Holidays


I had planned to spend the 2 first weeks of August back home with my family as my older sister and 1 and half year old nephew would be present as well (they live in Luxembourg, so Skype is our best friend at all times).
From August 2nd to August 15th I had this mix of feelings that for a long time I forgot about. The sun, the beach, enjoying my sisters and mom's company, eating all the good food, enjoying the fresh breeze and just not caring about what doesn't make me happy. It was so worth it.

1 year and a half since I moved to London (same week as my nephew was born) and I had only seen them for 3 days back in April. I was seriously in need of some quality time with those who know me and love me the best. And I don't regret it at all! And I have to say this: my nephew is the cutest little thing in this World! I am a very happy aunty :)

Going back was specially good because I was actually able to find myself again, I used to be different from what I am today, and it was good to feel myself as before. I came back to London with a different spirit, new plans and motivation.
I am sure now of what I want: I want to go back home, even if in the worst case scenario I will fail to do everything else.


Health

On the 17th of August, just 2 days after I came back to London, while I was eating I realised I had lost the strength in my lips. I wasn't able to close them properly or even control them. Liquids were coming straight out of my mouth if I wasn't careful enough.
Also my left eye was hurting and I couldn't close it properly. That's when I noticed something was going on. In front of the mirror I saw myself losing all control of my face. My left side was paralised (not 100% but almost). I was having the symptoms of a stroke (which my father had before).
Scary as hell, I started panicking. After a while I called 111 to ask for advice and ended up getting an ambulance to take me to the Hospital where I was examined for a few hours from head to toes.
In the end it wasn't that dangerous. I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy, which is a rare condition caused by a virus that causes an inflammation of the nerves, resulting in a partial and 'temporary' paralysis of one side of the face.
How long is it gonna take for me to recover? From 3 weeks up to 6 or 9 months, and I might not even get to 100%.

They only way is to keep positive that everything is gonna be fine. I consider myself lucky because it wasn't a stroke and because in any case it is not that obvious. It's only noticeable when I talk or eat. So I guess I should be fine! :)

PS: by the time this post is published I'm happy to say I'm back to normal. I was so lucky to recover in such a short time!! I'm not 100% yet, but I can say I am 99%, so ... yeay!! :)

And after all this I am back and I hope to hear from you guys.
News are coming very soon as it will be the blog's 1st Birthday!

See you around,

No comments in this post

Post a Comment