Sunday is Cake Day! #9

26/04/2015


Mnhum mnham everyone!

This week I baked a very special cake as it was Habibi's 23rd birthday on the 22nd of April.
He didn't want to celebrate, but I forced convinced him to do so.

I baked this amazing chocolate cake (remember my first cake? Yap, the same recipe) and made the usual buttercream, with a tiny difference - I turned it completely white without losing the good flavour. The secret? Adding a tiny bit of purple food colouring to it as purple and yellow are complementary colours. The purple will cut the effect of the yellow, making it whiter. Don't expect pure white, expect the whiter you can get in this case.

As he said he liked grey, I tried to decorate it in a neutral way, adding some grey details to it.
Also I had only 2 days (3 hours per day, after work) to make this, so 1st day to bake and 2nd day for the decoration.

Follow with the pictures bellow and I'll see you next Sunday!



Xoxo,

2 comments in this post

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks delicious! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eheh thanks!! that's the most important thing in a cake, it's "deliciousness " 😜 X

    ReplyDelete