My make-up routine

27/03/2015


As a modern woman living in London, I was forced to surrender to the magic of make-up.
I'm a very practical person who loves arts and sports, so I didn't really use it before I move here. Now I can't go outside without some foundation.
However I opt for keeping it simple.

Here's my routine:


1st step: skin cleansing and moisturising



One of the most important steps often not taken in consideration for many of us. It removes impurities keeping your skin healthy, soft and firm while preparing it for your make-up.
I'm currently using CLEAN & CLEAR Exfoliating Daily Wash, which is not my favourite but it's not bad, and the classic NIVEA Creme.

2nd step: foundation

I haven't tried many - to be honest - as I feel like my first choice was the perfect one for me.

I'm currently using Match Perfection by Rimmel London in the tone #100 Ivory. It's amazing! Creamy, intense and not expensive at all. Also I'm not good with fancy things and too many details, I keep it simple and I need something that gives me the best result with less effort. This foundation is so easy for me to put on and honestly I look much better in just 10 seconds.

For some reason I haven't changed it in a long time!



3rd step: powder



I've heard that some people ignore this step, somehow they don't find it important. For me however it's a must. It keeps my foundation in place and gives my skin that silky look.

Currently using  Maybelline NY's Super Stay 24h in the tone #10 Ivory. I'm not sure why I've chosen this one, I went probably by the relationship quality/price as I didn't have a proper opinion about any specific product. Cheap yet very effective.

4th step: mascara


I've tried a few mascaras but none got my attention as the ones by Maybelline NY. I'm trying my 3rd different mascara by this brand and I've got to express my love for all of them. Waterproof, one of my first requirements as it is definitely much more resistant and doesn't smudge that easily. Good price and very effective. No way you won't see the difference. It gives your eyelashes visible length and volume.
Currently on Maybelline New York The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara - Black Drama, which adds super extra volume and intensity to my eyelashes. Black drama, you see?

5th step: make-up removal


Another very important step which I decided to include in this post is the removal of make-up at before you go to sleep. I absolutely NEVER go to bed with make-up. It's awful to the skin, so I always take care to remove it all just before going to bed.
Even using simple Facial Cleansing Wipes by NIVEA I feel like my skin is being properly taken care of. A bit of Nivea lotion after to moisturise it and voilà!


So this is my routine from every day. Very simple and quick, just as I need.
Do you have any suggestions for other excellent products I should try? Let me know in the comments bellow.

See you soon,

No comments in this post

Post a Comment