Sunday is Cake Day! #3

15/03/2015


Happy Sunday Cake Day for everyone! :)

So this time I decided to try something very different from what I'm used to. For that I did a basic sponge cake and turned it light green and gave it some Pistachio flavour (with a bit of Vanilla).

For the icing and filling, I just went for an amazing dark chocolate ganaché. 
Dark chocolate in pieces and hot double cream to a pan, melt it, mix it, let it dry. Yeay!
Two layers and that's it.

For the decoration I did basic buttercream and turned it light eucalyptus for the leaves and aqua colour for the roses and added a few dots to keep it simple but interesting. 

This cake was so amazing! Not that easy to make, had a few issues in the middle, but turned out to be fine. And tasty. Sweet pistachio flavour and the sweet and powerful buttercream flavour cut by the dark chocolate ganaché created a very harmonious effect.

Lovely.

Have a look at the pictures and please don't forget to leave your ideas for my next Sunday is Cake Day!



See you soon,

No comments in this post

Post a Comment