Sunday is Cake Day! #4

22/03/2015


Hi everyone!

So for this 4th edition of Sunday Cake Day I went for cupcakes. I wanted to do something different from the usual buttercream on top, I wanted something without volume but still nice. I thought about royal icing and melted chocolate. I went for chocolate.

WRONG DECISION.
It was so difficult to do this one. I didn't know that chocolate was so difficult to model. You melt it, you wait for it to get some consistency so that it can hold, but obviously (dumb me sometimes) it's not a cream, so it just gets hard as it gets cold. There's no much to do with it.

Anyway I wanted to do some kind of grey and black fancy decoration, but ended up with this notsofancy but still delicious cupcakes.

White chocolate mixed with little black vanilla buttons to melt, made the grey.
The rest was just try to create something out of this insanely nothard but notthatliquideither chocolate that almost drove me crazy!

Well it was tasty anyway. Even if the look let me down, the flavour never does!
I also did a little something this time. I cut them in the middle and added some strawberry jam to the inside, covering it after. The result? A super delicious cupcake with a nice surprise inside!

Can't invite you for a bite, so please stay with the pics bellow :)

See you soon!
Nour xo
Out from the oven.

Strawberry surprise inside!

Melting the dark chocolate.

This little skull on the bottom was made by Habibi. He wanted to give me a hand in the end <3

The initial of Habibi's name. He deserves his little surprise :)

But I deserve mine as well!! :D

All in the pic!

Delicious strawberry jam inside! 

2 comments in this post

  1. YUM I haven't made cupcakes in sooooooo long, you definitely made use of what you had, these look great! :) x

    www.lilliputianrose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilliiiiiiii, I am so sorry for the late reply! I didn't receive any notification of your comment so I just found it now :x
    Thank youuuu, this cupcakes were really tasty but the decoration was a pain! First time I tried to work with chocolate (for decoration, not only frosting) , I didn't know it would be so hard! So well, I wasn't really happy with the look but I did what I could with it :)

    Anyway thank you this message and I hope to see you soon <3

    ReplyDelete