Sunday is Cake Day! #5

29/03/2015


Oh oh oh hello there!

In this 5th edition of Sunday is Cake Day I decided to do something Easter inspired.
I thought about the colours (pink, yellow and blue) and about the patterns usually present in chocolate eggs,  so typical from Easter season.

So I decided to spread these three main colours in different layers of a butter sponge recipe, separated by a nice layer of always-amazing buttercream. For the icing and decoration I thought a white and straight look would be good to contrast with the coloured layers so I gave sugarpaste/rolling icing a try. With some royal icing I did the patterns.  Finished by adding a bit of gold to the them.




I had such a great fun doing this cake!
I have no doubt that the more I bake and try new techniques,  the more I develop my skills. It's getting easier for me to bake.

The only thing I must confess I didn't like is the sugarpaste. Nice to help giving the cake a straight cover, but horrible in terms of adding taste to it. I still prefer that basic and super delicious frosting made by myself.

As usual the pictures follow bellow.



See you soon,

No comments in this post

Post a Comment