Sunday is Cake Day! #12

17/05/2015


He cuts a slice of cake and...
...tcha-ran,
SURPRISE!

This week I wanted to try something very special.
I saw this cake book with "surprises" inside. Basically you do a sandwich-like cake and work the layers in a way that when you cut a slice in the final cake, a specific design comes out of it.


I find it a lovely idea! Imagine in a party or even in a family reunion. Would there be a higher moment than the one when someone cuts a slice and you can see the admiration and amazement in everyone's face? Nop, not really.

So I tried to do a heart in the middle and filled it with pink cream. It didn't come out exactly the way I wanted, you can see it's not perfect, but anyway it was a good try. Not as difficult as it looks, to be honest, you just need to make the right cuts.

Next time I should try it filling it with sponge cake in another colour.
But anyway, what do you guys think?



Until next time!

No comments in this post

Post a Comment